How do I save settings and shuffle elements?

1 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Hi! I am working on a mobile board game and I have a few questions.

I have two important variables of difficult defined by number of cards and number of people playing. How do I program the game to save my settings (the level of difficult I choose and the number of people playing)?

And also, depending on that, how do I program that the game shuffle certain number of cards depending of difficult? Should I use variables, and if It is a yes, how? Does it exist another option?

Thank you in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Based on the lack of info the only way of answering this is to agree and say yes use variables. What do you mean by save your settings, you mean save the game after it is closed or save the choices picked going to a new layout? If the latter you use a global variable.

• Based on the lack of info the only way of answering this is to agree and say yes use variables. What do you mean by save your settings, you mean save the game after it is closed or save the choices picked going to a new layout? If the latter you use a global variable.

Hello, . Yes, I imagined I should have to use variables, but I wasn't sure enough.

I was referring save the choices picked going to a new layout, yes.

How I could create that global variable (or various) to make it work?

Thank you so much for your time!

• Global variables are saved between layouts so if you move to one it will keep that data. The number of cards would be one variable and the difficulty could be a text i.e."easy" or a number variable. Saving the game is a very different thing, you can use local storage (see manual) to save variable data and load it again next time, and Ashley's tutorial is linked on there about how to make save games.

• Global variables are saved between layouts so if you move to one it will keep that data. The number of cards would be one variable and the difficulty could be a text i.e."easy" or a number variable. Saving the game is a very different thing, you can use local storage (see manual) to save variable data and load it again next time, and Ashley's tutorial is linked on there about how to make save games.

Thank you! Sorry, I made a mistake in my previous message. I don't need no save the game locally.

My idea is to save the choices picked going to a new layout and the app be able to remember the adjustments applied previously and show them if you go back to those settings layout.

• Yes global variables will be fine for a settings menu.

• Yes global variables will be fine for a settings menu.

Alright! Thank you, .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)