How do I Save a name

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi, what I want to do is, at the main menu a person can enter his/her name. That name would be saved and then when he/she restarts the game they can select there name from a list of names. This game would be for more than one person using the same iPad etc.

For instance: James starts a game and enters his name, he plays the game then exits the game.

Sally starts the game and enters her name, she plays the game the exits the game.

When James starts the game again he can pick his name from the list of names before he starts playing again.

I seen another member with a the same or similar problem but I still can't get this to work.

Thanks!

• Hello,

that's not difficult. Just save the name in a global variable and then the global variable in the LocalStorage.

Then you just need to load the name from the storage 'On the Start of Layout'.

You can download an example here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/27pmilbxab1fkhs/save_name.capx?dl=0

Regards

Andreas

• Not really what I am looking for.

I want the player to be able to enter his/her name and it would be saved so the next time the player starts the game he/she can just select there name from the list of names. I know it really isn't that much more effort to enter the players name but I just thought it would be a cool feature for the player to always have there name be there when they start the game and then just select it from a list.

No big deal.

Thanks for your help!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SaveNames.capx

something like this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)