How do I make save games properly

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Is anyone else having an issue with save games?

Everything works fine with loading and saving.

I'm currently autosaving the game at the start of each new level/layout,

and that's working fine.

But when I load the saved game later, the Z Orders are all mixed up on the loaded level/layout,

so things that should be in front are now hidden behind objects.

I was curious if anyone has experienced this and maybe had tips on how to fix it.

I tried searching for answers, but it seems too specific... I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

• Cooldowns, bullet direction left and right mirroring, and z-orders all seem to get weird when I load a saved game. All these things work perfectly fine when playing through the game from the beginning.

I've researched a ton today, and figured out its most likely because the save state doesn't save everything. There are a lot of things that don't get saved, and I have some things working with the system---every tick event... for cooldowns, and a lot of the things that don't work when loading a save, are things that are linked to those cooldowns.

But, like I said, they work fine otherwise. Its just when I load a saved game.

I don't really know how to fix it, though.

It would be really great if someone had an idea of how to solve this issue.

I suppose I could just finish my game and have it be old school, no saving, one time play-through, but I'd rather not do that.

Help please

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have one more question related to the save game state.

Is there a way to delete the save that's in the game before exporting, so that the player doesn't hit continue and end up starting on the last level I was playing in the testing phase?

I did a test nodewebkit export, and noticed this.

I didn't know where the save file was kept.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)