running into a bug not sure if C2 or code issue

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • So as I'm programming suddenly my HUD disappears during testing. i undo what i just did but it persists, after various tests and such i found out its invisible, but i checked the debugger and the game registers it as being 100 percent visible and not a messed up opacity. so i keep checking and the HUD works perfectly in other layers it just doesn't parallax, so i triple checked and parallax was not the issue. I'm at a loss could anyone help me?

• Probably difficult for anyone to help affectively without seeing your work, preferably as a .capx.

• Stab in the dark: the things I think of when something is not showing up when it seems like it should:

• Layer is invisible or opacity=0
    • Object is out of screen
    • Object size has been reduced to a very small dimension
    • Object is behind another element (ie hidden)
    • Object blending modes
    • Object animation is not in expected frame
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stab in the dark: the things I think of when something is not showing up when it seems like it should:

- Layer is invisible or opacity=0

- Object is out of screen

- Object size has been reduced to a very small dimension

- Object is behind another element (ie hidden)

- Object blending modes

- Object animation is not in expected frame

like i said layer visibility and opacity are not the issue i tested that, the object is in screen as i can still interact with it, same as before, perhaps but i doubt so because I've put the entire layer at the highest point in the order and it changed nothing, i'm not sure, and oh interesting ill try that although most of it has no animations.

also you seem to think its one object its everything in the HUD layer. i have the HUD as number 3 out of 0-4 layers and no matter its place on that list it doesn't work unless i combine the HUD with the player layer.

• Add an event:

Wait 3 seconds

Move HUD_sprite to layer 0

If it becomes visible after 3 seconds, you will know that the issue is with your HUD layer. If the sprite is still invisible, the problem must be with the sprite itself.

And I agree with zenox98 - it would be so much easier if you could just share your capx.

• Do you have any blending modes on either your hud layer or hud objects?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)