For RPG Stats & Skills, best preparing for online multiplay?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Because I have an RPG I'm designing, and it would be neat to make it multiplayer when the object or update comes out, what would be the best practice?

Currently, I have my object that does all the moving (an invisible object for better detection, etc.) holding all the skills and stats variables, along with other booleans and variables that go along with the actions. Is this a good way of handling it? Or would using an array be better? I'm sure whatever method I use for the character, I will duplicate and adjust for enemies as well.

Thanks in advance for the input guys!

• Multiplayer best practice is not know atm.

There has not been any release containing this specific functionality.

Using objects to hold your variables is a good method to make them less accisble in several final exported products, increasing game integrity, reducing abuse/cheating.

• An anti cheating measure I've been thinking of taking is actually storing numeric values as text. So if you have a score that's 120, you could store it like this: onehundredtwenty — not sure how feasible and easy that would be, but I think it would be a nice multiplayer protective measure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as I know, there is no information on how the new multiplayer will work. I suggest you just keep working on your game as you are. I would imagine that once the MP update comes out, there will be a lot of tutorials made to help people, like you, out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)