Does a rotating 100px sprite affect performance on mobile?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hey,

So I have a small sprite (100 x 100px) that would rotate to a location if the device is oriented in a certain way.

My question is: does this rotating sprite affect performance on a lower end device?

The angle checking is needed for something else in the game, so I am interested in only the rotating part.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

So I have a small sprite (100 x 100px) that would rotate to a location if the device is oriented in a certain way.

My question is: does this rotating sprite affect performance on a lower end device?

The angle checking is needed for something else in the game, so I am interested in only the rotating part.

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Android 4.3- (Jellybean and below devices) :

Yeah but that depends on the screen size ratio.... The bigger the screen size, the bigger your sprites + more objects.

360p: Not really

480p: A bit.

720p: Absolutely (Unplayable).

Android 4.4+ (Kitkat and above devices) :

It will do fine... If it's new.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's new phones even if low-end can very well support HTML5 games unlike old but high-end devices.

It is because HTML5 games mobile support is just new and developing. As a year pass, the better the phone support with HTML5 games.

I hope that answers your question.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)