How do I rotate a car/bike in a sidescroller..

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hey guys

I've been playin' around with C2 for a while now and I really like it and now I've come to the part where i actually is going to make a full game, with release and everything.

So i started on building a simple car/bike game, 2d sidescroller, nothing fancy, just to get the grasp from planning, designing and executing the whole process - and so far so good.

BUT..

... I just cant make the bike/Car lean backwards/Forward in a nice good looking way - and this really bugs me - because with C2 it?s most likely quite easy to pull off. I tested a few different ways force forces, impulses, set angle and everything but it just looks like ... well ... crap.

So how do I make my object rotate clockwise or anticlockwise in a nice slow way (or accelerated up to a point and then constant)?

I've played around with; scirra.com/tutorials/240/physical-bike, I've played around with the behaviour for car 2d (dont recall the name atm) and I've read the manual and scirra.com/tutorials/65/physics-in-construct-2-forces-impulses-torque-and-joints over and over again but I just can't pull this one off!

So too summerize

Keyboard;

w - speed up

s - brake

a - lean backwards (backflip)

d - lean forward (Frontflip)

How do I create pull of keybord a and d.

• ... really, no one? This can�t be a hard problem...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any demo to see your work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tienes alguna demo para poder ver tu trabajo?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)