Reversed Progress Bar Decreased Every 1 Second

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hey, how do I make a reversed progress bar that will decreased every 1 second, and increased again when an item is collected?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • healthbar tutorial

https://youtu.be/VAP9BKCbrO0

• Make a sprite that is x in width and whatever height you want. You will need a variable for convenience that is set to whatever "full" width is if picking up an item makes it full or for other times you want to easily set it full (sprite-set width-variable). If picking up an item gives a certain amount (or random) then you can handle that in the pickup event easily without a variable. Now decide how much of your X width looks right when reduced each second.. 1 pixel, 2, 3 etc. and make a system event for Every X seconds and set it to 1. In the actions use subtract the value you deemed looked right from width. Now all you need is the pickup events that will simply add multiples of this amount to whatever level you wanted. I would also have a safety event for if width < 0 width = 0 (of course your fail event will cover this too) and if Width is greater than your predecided width then set width to your predecided width... (sprite width > 100 - set sprite width 100).

• Make a sprite that is x in width and whatever height you want. You will need a variable for convenience that is set to whatever "full" width is if picking up an item makes it full or for other times you want to easily set it full (sprite-set width-variable). If picking up an item gives a certain amount (or random) then you can handle that in the pickup event easily without a variable. Now decide how much of your X width looks right when reduced each second.. 1 pixel, 2, 3 etc. and make a system event for Every X seconds and set it to 1. In the actions use subtract the value you deemed looked right from width. Now all you need is the pickup events that will simply add multiples of this amount to whatever level you wanted. I would also have a safety event for if width < 0 width = 0 (of course your fail event will cover this too) and if Width is greater than your predecided width then set width to your predecided width... (sprite width > 100 - set sprite width 100).

I still confused,

can you give an example of the command in a picture?

• Here is a very short and easy to follow tutorial with voice:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Just change "health" with "progress".. otherwise all is the same as I described above. The principles are the same as what you are trying to do.

The only other things you will need are the system event that every 1 second minuses 1 from progress variable and the event in your pick ups that adds width to it.

• Here is a very short and easy to follow tutorial with voice: youtube.com/watch

Just change "health" with "progress".. otherwise all is the same as I described above. The principles are the same as what you are trying to do.

The only other things you will need are the system event that every 1 second minuses 1 from progress variable and the event in your pick ups that adds width to it.

Ok, thank you very much for your reply

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)