How do I reuse event sheets between projects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I have a bunch of projects that behave similarly in many ways. At the moment, I copied the event sheets responsible for such behavior.

It works, but in the future the behavior will change, and replicating those changes everywhere will be a pain in the ass. Is there some way to reuse the behavior and auto-replicate those changes to all my projects ?

• Not at the moment that I'm aware of. C2 doesn't have any capabilities to handle this that Im aware of. With that said, you could always do something fancy with git. have a single repository with your common used code and then fork it for each new project. From there you could pull from the main branch everytime you have a change. Just an idea.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not at the moment that I'm aware of. C2 doesn't have any capabilities to handle this that Im aware of. With that said, you could always do something fancy with git. have a single repository with your common used code and then fork it for each new project. From there you could pull from the main branch everytime you have a change. Just an idea.

Just tried this.. made a directory common/ inside 'Event Sheet/'. At the .caproj file, referenced one (<event-sheet>common/Button.xml</event-sheet>), everything worked just fine. But when I saved the changes, C2 copied the Button.xml file to the 'Event Sheet' directory, and erased my reference line from the .caproj

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)