Restart group action

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Hi guys!

I was reading this post: scirra.com/forum/restart-layout-game_topic50562_page2.html and could see that i'm not the only one who needs a "Restart group" action. Do any of you guys if there have come a solution yet?

I made following event:

On clicked "try again" -> reset global variables

-> Go to layer "Game" (The same layer as before)

-> And then is like I need a action here maybe a "reset group".

Have a nice evening everyone! :-)

• I don't get what you want to do, but have you tried instead of Go to layout "Game".. go to a blank layout, and in that, set On start of layout >> Go to Game

maybe that can fix your problem

• Hi Danuyos :-)

I have just tryed your suggestion with the layer, but that dosen't help Unfortunately :-(

I have made a Ghost Shooter game, where there is a counter so all the groups first become active after 5 sec - groups like movement, spawn and so on. When I die and I click the reset botton all groups are still active, so there is a little problem :( Therefore could it be great if there were some kind of reset group action, like there is reset global variables and reset layout.

• On clicked "try again" -> System: Reset global variables to default    

-> System: Restart layout

• Still dosen't work, but thanks for your suggestion Shinkan :-(

d.pr/i/5mjJ - here is a screenshot

• I double checked that and it works. Resets all global variables and all groups to default state.

Maybe there's an issue with your event?

Could you share a *capx to see what's going on there?

• Or maybe try

When you click "reset", reset global variables, then set all the groups inactive, and then go to layout

and also check your counter-set groups active , is that condition "if counter >=5 set group active?".. try =5 or add "once while true"... probably the engine keeps activating the group every tick after the "5" and thats messing with the groups

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi again guys :-)

I have tryed to change a bit in the eventsheet, but could still not find a solusion :-(

But here is the Capx. dl.dropbox.com/u/84869704/The%20grp%20reset.capx the reset layout is event 48 - Thanks again guys! :-)

• Time = 8

Time = 5

That's why it's not working. It counts time from start of your game not layout. So every time you restart your layout Time will never be 8 or 5 again because this value is not resetting.

• Ah okay. Do you know if there is a way to let the whole evensheet reset when i tab on restart? Also the timer? :-)

• No. The timer counts from begining of your game. Make a timer by yourself and then you could reset any time you want.

For a simple timer. Create new global variable "my_very_own_timer"

System: Every tick -> System: Add dt to my_very_own_timer

• Thank you so much guys, your suggestions and support finally lead to the result I was looking for!

Have a nice day! :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)