How do I get the resolution just right for an OUYA game?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • I created a simple game called OUYAtest to test out the resolution on my OUYA, but I can't seem to get it right.

The window size is 800x600 (for no particular reason).

I'm using CocoonJS as the wrapper (please point it out if there's something better that I should be using).

When compiling on Ludei, I first chose portrait fit for the aspect. The result was a rectangle the shape of a phone on my HDTV with my game taking up the top half of it; the bottom half was all whitespace.

Ludei says "When in doubt, choose all aspects." So I tried again choosing them all. This time the left and bottom solid blocks were cut-off, with the collision being perfectly aligned with the left and bottom of the TV screen. The right block was kind-of in the middle of the screen.

Anyone here have much success porting their C2 games to OUYA? I don't see a whole lot of documentation at all on this. Please if anyone here is seasoned in this I can really use your wisdom!

• Check this post :

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.

https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

Subscribe to Construct videos now

As for the safe area, I've exposed the methods to JavaScript and my next step is to add actions and events so that you can manipulate the safe area and do IAP calls. I expect that I'll have events for requestProducts, requestPurchase, requestReceipts, and requestGamerInfo.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)