Resizing Layout with events

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Save hours of work by resizing items on your game screens.
  • Hello, i'm using Construct 2 for some time now, but this is my first post and i'm not sure if here is the right place.

Someone can tell me if there is a way to change the layout size with events or even code?

And sorry for my English, not my language.

• Mmmm...As far as I know..

There is no support for this...

I could be wrong though..and completely happy to be wrong...

It would be a interesting feature

You can Scale the layouts....but I don't think resizing is supported during run time...I could be wrong...

If you want to have different Resolutions for Screen sizes you could always have 2 or 3 layouts set to the most common aspect ratios..

but I get the feeling you are not after that idea..

I am pretty sure the layout size needs to be set pre- runtime

It probably is possible

I notice that WIX the online webpage creator/editor can resize layouts in real time...so it must be possible..but I dont think its been covered in C2..

Maybe Ashley could give a better answer?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Thanks for the reply.

Yap, It would be a interesting feature. For eg., if i have a shop in my game with some products. Later, more products are added to the shop but there is no space to put them (lets say, i dont know the max number of product to be added and because of that i can't pre- set the max size of the layout). I could make my layout bigger and active a swipe system, making possible (and easier) to add more stuff.

Or i could just make my levels bigger during run time if needed.

• Well thats why we invented Scroll arrows....:) to allow alot of stuff in a much smaller space..:)

but yeah layouts size...mmm perhaps not...maybe its a good idea to make your layout a set LARGER size to begin with but leave it empty until you need it...I don't know...

I have noticed in Software development..that..

'Workarounds' often become features

which later become common place...But I think its always better to plan ahead of time...allow for expansion..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)