How do I Resize My Game Easily?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • How do I Resize My Game Easily? I want to put my game on the scirra arcade but its too wide :/ How do I scale it down easily?

• Please refer to the manual https://www.scirra.com/manual/66/projects

• megatronx That doesn't really help...

• ok, show a screenshot.

• Why?

• Because I don't know if you could just crop it, or you got some objects on the sides. Depending on how you layed things out you could use different fullscreen modes. https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

• megatronx I believe you misunderstood me. I want to change my layout size which is 1366, 768 to 683, 384 and I also want all the objects to scale as well with the same aspect ratio. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it than by manually scaling each image and re-positioning them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I didn't misunderstood you. Use letterbox scale or letterbox integer scale.

• megatronx I believe you misunderstood me. I want to change my layout size which is 1366, 768 to 683, 384 and I also want all the objects to scale as well with the same aspect ratio. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it than by manually scaling each image and re-positioning them.

Unfortunately the only real way is to do it manually. But, someone wrote a small script to do this automatically. It is in the forums somewhere. You are going to have to search as I didn't bookmark it.

• > megatronx I believe you misunderstood me. I want to change my layout size which is 1366, 768 to 683, 384 and I also want all the objects to scale as well with the same aspect ratio. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to do it than by manually scaling each image and re-positioning them.

>

Unfortunately the only real way is to do it manually. But, someone wrote a small script to do this automatically. It is in the forums somewhere. You are going to have to search as I didn't bookmark it.

If HZGaming use letterbox scale, it will scale it down automatically.

• If HZGaming use letterbox scale, it will scale it down automatically.

megatronx, Yes, I agree, but also no, it depends on his objects etc. It is project dependant, and I think the letterbox distorts some of his images. Or it poses issues for him.

Just thinking he could use use scale - set layer 1 scale to 0.416 etc or at the right scale so that images don't distort.

But like I said, someone made a script to do it. I think they were trying to make desktop game into mobile... going to have to search.

I personally use letterbox in my project. But I also ensure that my game looks good no matter what size it scales to.

I use 1920, 1080 which scales beautifully

• I was wondering this as well just simply because no 2 devices are the same (phone/tablet-wise)

Cheers for the info!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)