Reset players position without it being notable?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Does anyone have a tip/trick to reset the players position without them knowing or being notable,

My game is a never ending score based game, And instead of having the layout to be something like 5,000,000 px long(Exaggeration), I could have it like 50,000 And then reset its position to somewhere in the start of the layout without them knowing, Is this possible?

I Think i know half of the process, Well obviously art based, Having a animation incorporated into the loop so there appears hardly anything there except the Tiled BG, so there are not many obvious jumps.

The part that confuses me would be when it comes to re-positioning the player at the exact point they was on the screen, I would need to record there exact x position, exact y, and exact angle. Hmmm any ideas or am i just to much of a enthusiast?

• I would need to record there exact x position, exact y, and exact angle. Hmmm any ideas or am i just to much of a enthusiast?

You can query all these information from the Player-Sprite and either store it in a global or a local variable every tick?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiggyDog, There was a third party plugin developed recently(I only saw it today) which offers to save the exact location of a sprite.

Check it out, scirra.com/forum/topic47485.html

• Thanks smitchell, Will check it out :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)