So I found a way, it's a bit of a pain in the ass and kind of risky. So if you need to do the same thing, BACKUP FIRST!
!!PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!
Basically, you need to edit the XML's for the layout and the event sheet.
First, in your project create the new objects (in my case SpriteFont's) and name them something obvious. I used the same name with "2" on the end.
Save your project, must be as a project and not a single file.
Open the layout XML in your preferred editor and replace the names, lets say Title with Title2.
If you are going to a new object type with different parameters (like Text to SpriteFont) you will need to also put the new parameters into the XML. I suggest making a fully setup copy of your new Object in the editor first and copy pasting.
Then, do the same in the Event Sheet XML, just replace all the names.
This will work to replace any Object Type with another one, provided they have IDENTICAL sets of ACE's
This worked for me and saved hours of replacing events in the engine and retyping everything... Still not an easy task. Better suggestion, design it right first time round!