How do I remove the tracking in c2runtime.js?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • There is a popup that asks if I want to allow my game to allow me to track myself. It looks something like this:

[attachment=0:3lasycmx][/attachment:3lasycmx]

Except it says something along the lines of: "Do you want to let this website track you?" Allow / Allow Once / Disallow

I always hit Disallow, but I would prefer that it not ask my users at all.

How do I go about disabling this?

I am assuming that it probably has an AJAX call back to a Scirra server, so I could probably just look for AJAX/GET/PUT code specifically, but it would be easier if I have some idea of where to look in c2runtime.js.

• AFAIK Construct 2 itself should never bring up that prompt. I think it is caused by either the server, a third-party plugin, a browser addon, or some adware/crapware on your computer that is trying to take over.

• Hm, okay, I do have Adblock Plus, Firebug, Flash player, and a Java plugin. I'll experiment on raw browsers and see.

The server itself is running a locked down version of Apache which proxies the requests back to Java servlets running on a Linux Tomcat stack. I'll dig through my server side code, but I still don't know what else would cause that popup.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay after testing on a raw Opera 32-bit and WaterFox browser, it seems that the culprit is one of the plugins on my usual browser.

Thanks for clarifying this, Ashley.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)