How do I - Removable Layout (like Where is my Water)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Tileset with underwater deep sea theme. Suitable for adventure, action, or similar games.
  • Hi everybody,

this is my first post. So Hi All!

(If I didn´t find or understand an basic option or a possibility through the application or manual, than please feel free to give me a hint. I didn´t find anything similar or maybe I just searched with the wrong information )

Do you know this awesome Disney-mobile-game called "Where is my Water" where you can remove a "soil-layer" just by touching?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.WMW

Is there a way to do something similar like that with construct2 - removing small parts of a layer or tiled map as "plattform"?

I think it would be absolutely cool if for example a character is running trough "clouds" and this cloud-sprite is just disappearing at the position where the character collides with. (Without deleting the whole sprite-layout or bigger parts)

Or for another example a beaver is digging a new "home" in the mudd.

I´m thankful for any info, hint or howto.

• Liks this ? [attachment=0:2ejlxzkk][/attachment:2ejlxzkk]

Be aware that it's juste a blend effect, the cloud hitbox won't change at all even if most of the cloud disappears.

Or this : [attachment=1:2ejlxzkk][/attachment:2ejlxzkk]

• Hello Coin-coin le Canapin,

thanks for your quick reply and help!

I really like your test-files and the way you tried to solve my questions.

The clouds2.capx has a cool effect. If it would just be possible to set the position of the radius which follows the character to a permanent "hole" at this position and the remaining groud would be able to be a "platformer". That would be a solution somehow.

I think it is like you posted in the first clouds.capx.

The only difference in my thoughts would be, that the "removing" parts are less big - really tiny.

This brings like I saw some problems with the performance regarding the amount of displayed sprite-parts with their own collision-points.

I just made two Files to show what I mean in form of blocks:

Bigger "Blocks"

[attachment=1:2o4y6gjm][/attachment:2o4y6gjm]

Tiny "Blocks" (less performance)

[attachment=0:2o4y6gjm][/attachment:2o4y6gjm]

Of course it is the same result when I set the clouds in your capx to an much higher amount by making them even smaller.

Maybe my technique is just not the right.

• There are some threads about the problem you describe, try to search the expresson "per pixel" or "worms" on the forums.

There are no perfect solution thought. If you want to make holes like this, you can use a huge amount of small blocks (slow) or try something with the canvas plugin (and check for pixel collison, but that's kind of slow too).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

thanks for your help.

I can learn a lot of the existing information in that threads, so maybe I can go on with my stuff. I will try harder

Thanks again for your help and time!

• I've made a destructible terrain engine "à la worms" :

I can download the lastest capx here :

I use the canvas plugin, and I at the start of layout, I store all my pixels in an array and look for collisions in the array, not in the canvas itself.

Maybe it can inspire you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)