REDUCING CAPX FILE SIZE. (Very large .WAV song)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hey guys. My CAPX went from having a size of about 11MB-ish to 32 MB all because the one song I used in the game (which is roughly about 1 min 30 seconds long) when converted from MP3 to .WAV has a file size of 20+MB. Is it normal for .WAV files to have this large file sizes? This seems ridiculous.

Can I delete the .WAV file in the music folder of the projects? Any suggestions?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just chop the song and have it loop. Here http://www.online-convert.com/

• Is there a specific reason why you need a WAV and not an OGG? And yes, WAV files have outrageous file size. It's the reason why compression codecs like MP3 and OGG exist.

• Once you import the wav file, so long as both an ogg and an mp4 files are both made, then all platforms are covered. Feel free to delete the wav file. Though C2 has discarded the wav file for a while now automatically... are you using an old version?

• Once you import the wav file, so long as both an ogg and an mp4 files are both made, then all platforms are covered. Feel free to delete the wav file. Though C2 has discarded the wav file for a while now automatically... are you using an old version?

Oh i see. Yes. I'm using a version I downloaded a long time ago when I was still looking for the right engine to learn making games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)