Recursive Backtracker Maze

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Random Maze Generator with Door & Key System - tutorial capx
  • Has anyone come up with a Capx explaining how to create a grid type maze using the Reclusive Backtracker (RB) algorithm in C2? I have seen a few different methods used, but I don't remember a "perfect maze" example?   Or did I miss it?

• Cubemaze uses the Recursive Backtrack algo (:

For a capx hmmm I don't have a basic one right now... Shouldn't be too hard though

• Thanks Yann. I was hoping someone had a capx handy that I could tear apart. I created a few random maze generators, but not so that they use every cell in a "perfect maze". I would like to build the maze in an array using that sort of algorithm, then display it graphically.

I know it is not a "simple" event list, but I was hoping someone could post something close that I could manipulate to what I need. Until then I will keep trying on my end.

BTW, do you think building it graphically then writing to an array would be easier?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Building graphically is often heavier on the cpu because you have to handle many object instead of simple numbers in an array.

I did a cave generator some months ago, starting by covering the screen with sprites and mining with 'miner' sprites... it was waaaay slower than the array solution I built afterward.

Anyway here is the thing

mazeBackTrack.capx

• Thanks Yann. I will use this to help me build an array version. If I do It I will post a link :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)