How do I record user behaviour?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • There are lots of visitor recording services: Hotjar, mouseflow, lucky orange, Inspectlet, etc. But they do not record user interaction with canvas. The only thing you may see is a black screen.

According to Lucky orange documents It is possible to work with canvas element by calling LO.update_canvas("canvas") method.

I am not the programmer, what should I do to make it work?

As far as I understand I should call a js function, for example on mouse click.

• Lucky Orange Knowledge Base Toggle Navigation

Working with Canvas Elements

Our dynamic recordings use browser Mutation Events to figure out when html content changes. This allows us to record highly dynamic pages with high accuracy. However, canvas elements do not support Mutation Events.

We do have a workaround.

Notifying Lucky Orange When Canvas Has Updated

If you want to capture changes inside of a canvas element, you'll need to alert Lucky Orange that the canvas element has indeed changed. You do this by calling the LO.update_canvas_element() method and passing in the element to it. The function accepts an actual canvas element OR a query selector. So, if you had a canvas element on your page with an id of my_canvas you could call it like this:

LO.update_canvas("#my_canvas");

Alternatively, if you had many canvas elements that all just updated you could also do this:

LO.update_canvas("canvas");

Calling the LO.update_canvas() method will get the image data from the canvas and send that to our servers. If you have a lot of canvas elements or very large canvas elements and are frequently calling this method, it can use a lot of bandwidth.

Please ensure you test this out in a staging environment to see the performance impact before pushing to production.

Still need help? Contact Us Last updated on November 18, 2016

Search

Toggle Search

CATEGORIES

Quick Tips

Dashboard

Live Visitors

Recordings

Conversion Funnels

Chat

Heatmaps

Polls

Form Analytics

Integrations

White Labeling

© Lucky Orange LLC 2019. Powered by Help Scout

Offline. Please leave a message

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any ideas?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)