Any reason something should work differently in debug?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • In my game I have all these buttons the player walks over to turn on. I have lots of them. I've been using them a bunch. I went to add a couple more today and for some reason they were not working. So, I turned on debug to find out why. Lo and behold, they work! Try it again: debug off, buttons don't work. debug on, they do?

Kinda hard to debug under those circumstances..

Could the difference in screen size (with debug down there) + overlap at offset somehow cause that? (Though this still makes no sense, I have a bunch of other buttons that have given me no problems)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Funny, I had just a what-the moment with windowheight until I realised the debug window was taking up some window space from the reported height. Sorry doesn't help you at all dude! oh BTW I usually 'detach' the debugger window, have you tried that to see if they 'stop' working again?

• Okay, well, it wasn't that.. I've narrowed it down to only happening when touch controls get set instead of keyboard (still, all the other buttons work.. so weird).. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)