Realworld map with users around you

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own adventure map with this easy to use asset pack.
  • Hello everybody,

I am working on a idea I got recently, and I would like to know if this would be possible to do with Construct 2:

I would like the user to be able to see other users around him on a real world map (like on Waze) and click on them to show their profile.

Do you think it's doable on Construct 2 ? If yes, how ?

Thank you.

PS: I can't code.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Short answer. Yes.

To abstract this a bit, you'll need some form of centralized database that stores each users position. This isn't too hard, plenty of plugins that allow access to web hosted Databases. And construct 2 has an easy way to capture users geo location.

Then, you'll need to display that information. This is slightly trickier. Rexrainbow has a google maps plugin for Construct 2, so you could use that. Then you'd just need to download the coordinates, and display them.

That's the short abstract of how to do this. Actually implementing it, I don't think will be a small task. But certainly doable!

• Thank you very much KeeghanM, I am glad to see that this isn't impossible. I'll start learning now :p

• No worries! Best of luck, and if you get stuck just reply here with what you've tried and what's not working. Someone will help out

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)