Really bad lag when parallax set to background

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parallax Background to make pixel art game.
  • No capx, sorry. Havent had this problem before and Im on my 4th project.

I have a really simple project going with maybe 10 objects right now and a background with clouds, the clouds are sprites and set to the background layer and when i set the parallax to 40, 40 or any other numbers but 100, my player sprite automatically starts lagging really bad, jumps half the height and I have no idea why. I'm already 5 hours deep in this project and it would be a pain to re copy everything over to a new project just to fix the parallax issue.

Anyone ever experience this problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 5 hours aint too bad, i can happily bin anything that took up to 1 month! lol - but i've never seen this issue before and i'm working with 3 layers of parallax and over 100 objects on each layer.... This could be another issue that looks like it's caused by parallax.

On the debug console, what shows most CPU usage?

• is your character on a parallax layer?if it is try moving it on a different layer where doesn't have the parallax effect, the parallax effect is for background movement,(as layers that contains fog in background, trees and other environmental stuff)

Usually any other characters as enemy's, gems, main characters should be placed on a NO parallax layer... not sure if that works or fixes your issue...

can i ask what behaviors are you using on your character while is doing that lagging problem?

also it may not be the parallax... what does those 10 objects event sheet look like? are they checking for some condition every tick? if so ... try modify the condition check when its needed... like on collision...

hope it helps u ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)