How do I do rapid clicking

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello! I want to make a game where a sprite animation frame is changed on any touch. However, it seems that the change of the sprite is pretty slow, while the game I want to create is one to test speed (i.e. if i click fast 10 times, the sprite changes like 5-6 times). How can I make this work properly? Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about doing something like that?

If you have more than 1 frame, you can add another virable that will include the number of your frame (each time the frame is changed, he gets 1)

this way you could change the frame to 0 + FrameVirable

• Silviu

Animation changes are not slow (unless you have huge sprites).

You should be able to change animation on every tick without any problems, that's about 60 times per second.

So you must have some error in your code.

• Hello! I want to make a game where a sprite animation frame is changed on any touch. However, it seems that the change of the sprite is pretty slow, while the game I want to create is one to test speed (i.e. if i click fast 10 times, the sprite changes like 5-6 times). How can I make this work properly? Thank you!

that wasn't a problem before, it might be your GPU card cant handle that fast rendering, on my end if i do a sprite with 10 images, and tell it to change on click it will do just that instantly with no delays. you might want to update your graphic card or drivers.

also to ease the rendering load if you only have color changes and the sprite is the same i would only apply hue and saturation effect since has no pixel to fill but only change color, which in terms of rendering GPU capabilities is way faster.

• Are you using the touch object with the "On Tap" condition? Tapping is a gesture, which is not as responsive as the "On Touched Object" or "Is Touching Object" conditions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)