Randomly spawn from families only once

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hello!

I'm working on a project and need some help/ideas guys!

I've got an "interceptor" type game where objects randomly spawn from the top and drop down for the user to "catch" at the bottom.

The problem is, I need each object instance from each family to randomly spawn only once, and then somehow tag that object as "already spawned" so it can't be spawned again. I've tried multiple things, and nothing is yielding the results I need.

Below is a link to download a capx of my project. If someone could take a look and offer and advice/suggestions, I'd be incredibly grateful!

Example capx

On a related note, I'm also looking for a way to dynamically load the vehicle images on the fly moving forward. So pretend there's some kind of admin that images are uploaded to... I need the game to somehow take those uploaded images and use them for the object instances in the families.

Thanks in advance for your time.

HG

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • *Bump*

Anyone have any insight?

• Hello, would have helped with a capx file but i don't have much time. Check out this links ( a forum discussion and a capx file someone helped me with sometime ago, let me know if you run into any troubles)

forum discussion

capx file link

don't forget to add destroy outside layout to your cars

• Thanks for the info Dasat. It's given me a few ideas, but nothing concrete.

If someone could take a look at the capx I posted and give me any thoughts/advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

HG

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)