"Scan" every single letter in a textbox

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hi,

Is there a way to "scan" every single letter in a textbox and then create an event where it compares the letter that is "scanned" at the moment. I want to try to make a program that generates a code like this "-*-*" and for every "*" it should make a sound and for every "-" it should stop for a second. The program later should be able to generate different sound combinations.

Thanks

• if you're interested about the mid thing

Mid(string,whereyouwanttostartofstring,numberofletterstoreadfromstartofstring)

so for example

if we have a string called word with the value of "potatoe"

Mid(word,1,2) would give you "po"

you can also use Len(word) to get the number of characters in a word so you can do Mid(word,1,len(word)) to get: "potatoe"

and so on

Oh also if you wanted you could use the Mid thing to merge 2 parts of a string together, thats a cool trick if you want to save names and scores in the same variable

(example:

playerscore has saved inside of it : Playerone8

leaderbordshowtext = (Mid(playerscore,1,Len(playerscore)-1) & " has score of " & Mid(playerscore, Len(playerscore)-1,1)

which gives: Playerone has score of 8

sorry if i went off topic xD

• zhroguexe The score thing you mentioned would be easier using the end expression or just a simple regex.

• briggybros

zhroguexe

Thank you all really much I'll try it!

• briggybros

Ok it works but it has one problem.

The sound has almost no delay so the sound doesn#t stop for a second. Is there a way to slow the For event down so it increases only 1 time per second?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i dont know if this would work as it would with system threading on windows but you could try adding a wait 0.5 or 0.01 at one of the points in the loop to slow it down as much as you need

• you could make it so that the for loop ticks every second, something like this:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)