"Rate game" button.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • For android and Ios..

We want people to rate our game. (hopefully)

I know the link tag in-app is: market://details?id=<package_name>

Do I have to use the Ajax object for this... and will it work with Cocoonjs?

Anyone got experience with this?

• WizLore - what is the answer to this? What is the easiest way to put a "Rate this App" link in-game using C2?

• WizLore

Use the basic built-in plugin, "Browser".

Put the action "Go to URL" and set the URL like "http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=<pakage_name>".

For example, you can try my game. There's a star button at the bottom of the screen, and that's a rate button.

• shaircast - is there any difference to using "Go to URL" or "Open URL in new window" ? The reason I ask is when I am testing my APK on smartphone and tablet (this is before published to Google Play), if I click on my RATE button, it will open up a window that says "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." That is normal since I haven't published it yet, HOWEVER, I am not able to leave this screen except with the device's home button. The device's back button does not work and my app is stuck on this screen forever. Even if I go back to tablet home screen and click the app icon, it still goes to the "URL not found screen" instead of starting at my app's title screen.

• Yeah, I don't like what happens with either of these Browser->URL actions for rating games. Both of them (Goto URL or Open URL in new window) don't allow the user to easily get back to the game. They both open up a "browser window" but you cannot use the device's back button to get back to app. You have to go all the way back to device home screen and click app icon again to re-start game.

Is there a better way to do this?

• Use browser go to :

"market://details?id=com.yourstuff.yourstuff&write_review=true"

It will go directly to the Play store on android.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use browser go to :

"market://details?id=com.yourstuff.yourstuff&write_review=true"

It will go directly to the Play store on android.

- yes, thank you very much. This works just the way I wanted.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)