Is the an "On touched object end?"

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Is there a touch condition for "On touched object end" or someway to trigger an action upon the release of a touched object? I've looked, but I'm not seeing it.

I have buttons to move between layouts and I don't want to load the next layout until the sprite button is released.

Thanks.

• just say when it is not in touch with your object but do not forget to add a trigger once while true otherwise it will trigger every tick

• just say when it is not in touch with your object but do not forget to add a trigger once while true otherwise it will trigger every tick

So something like this?

Condition: Trigger once while true

Add Another Condition: Touch - X Is touching "nextButton"

Action: System - Go to Layout "page2"

I'll give it a try.

• That didn't work, but thanks. Is there another way?

• I think combining On touch end + is Touching object does exactly that.

• sorry i should have been more detailed i did not notice that you are just starting out

lets name the object 'button'

create an instance variable for it . make a Boolean named 'touched' and set it false.

if touching 'button' ......... set 'touched' to true

you can set whatever you want here as well like opacity,to show that is pressed

if inverted touching 'button' (right click to see the inverted command)

is 'touched' ......... go to layout 'blah blah'

trigger once while true .......... set 'touched' to false

here you do not need the trigger once since we are using the boolean to filter out the situation but if you use an in game touch button for example for the player to swing a sword and when it is released to do something else it is needed otherwise it will check as true forever since you are not touching the button

• Yann

Thanks! I will try that.

Roccinio

Thank you for the longer explanation. I'm going to try that out too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks for the explanation, I should be able to implement this as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)