How do I Make an "On First Launched"

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • So, you know how games when first launched have like prompts for a tutorial or something. I'd want to replicate that but I dont know how.. I remember there being a post about it but I cant seem to find it anymore. Help would be much appreciated.

• So, you know how games when first launched have like prompts for a tutorial or something. I'd want to replicate that but I dont know how.. I remember there being a post about it but I cant seem to find it anymore. Help would be much appreciated.

you can use local storage to make a value X only the first time, then to use it as variable as condition other events

• As NN81 said, the easy way is everytime that launch the game, check if you have the value X on the local storage, if not.. it will show prompts.. and when this prompts shows you will fill this value X on the local storage, it means that next time it will not show prompts again.

• Alright, I'll try it out.

• > So, you know how games when first launched have like prompts for a tutorial or something. I'd want to replicate that but I dont know how.. I remember there being a post about it but I cant seem to find it anymore. Help would be much appreciated.

>

you can use local storage to make a value X only the first time, then to use it as variable as condition other events

Uhmm, I'm not sure on how to do that.. I've never worked with local storage before..

• Uhmm, I'm not sure on how to do that.. I've never worked with local storage before..

I can show you a way, working on it is up to you.

just learn how local storage work and apply into your project

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1461/h ... age-plugin

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Uhmm, I'm not sure on how to do that.. I've never worked with local storage before..

>

I can show you a way, working on it is up to you.

just learn how local storage work and apply into your project

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1461/h ... age-plugin

Yeah, I'd like that. I've been trying to mess with it for a while!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)