Can I "If not in window, then pause object" or something...C

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I have this massive layout (6500 x 4500)

Filled with objects that move and so on, is there a way to pause these objects if its not in the visible window size?

I guess take take memory even if their not visible?

Or is it possible to maybe decrease the layout size (Currently its rectangular, but the space I use is shaped like a pistol? |- <--- Like that.

Is it possible to remove layout that you don't use?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If object > Is on-Screen(inverted) > do the thing

As for memory usage:

Off-screen objects are not still rendered. Construct 2 does not issue draw calls for objects that do not appear in the window, and the GPU is also smart enough to know not to render any content that appears outside the window - even when a single image is only partially on-screen.

The layout size also does not have any direct effect; larger layouts do not use more memory or require more processing, unless you use more objects.

• If object > Is on-Screen(inverted) > do the thing

As for memory usage:

Off-screen objects are not still rendered. Construct 2 does not issue draw calls for objects that do not appear in the window, and the GPU is also smart enough to know not to render any content that appears outside the window - even when a single image is only partially on-screen.

The layout size also does not have any direct effect; larger layouts do not use more memory or require more processing, unless you use more objects.

Thank you so much for this answer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)