Make a "grapple hook" object...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Ok, i've read Miu3's post on "Hookshot" and that is what i'm trying to recreate, but I want to do it "On Click" instead of "On button down".

So far all i get is my "rope" object just fires off with the hook and does not stretch. If i follow Miu3's design it works great. Is Miu3's way the only way to do that, or is it possible to make it stretch On Click instead?

Thanks in advance guys.

• I'm not sure if this will help but you can create a group of events that contain the events where the 'stretching' happen. this group can be de-activated at start then activated 'on click' and when the 'stretching' collides with the wall which should make it stop 'stretching', the group can be de-activated. and then activated again after another click.

hope that helps sumhow :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's a great idea KiyowaraKush, but I'm having trouble getting the "Stretch" to happen. when i get it to work, all i get is one long "rope" instantly, there is not "stretching" that takes place.

I guess i'm missing how to change the length(width) of the rope over a short period of time. i've even tried System every X seconds, System every tick to change the width, but it does not keep changing it. idk, but thanks for the insight KK, i'll keep hacking at it.

• That's a great idea KiyowaraKush, but I'm having trouble getting the "Stretch" to happen. when i get it to work, all i get is one long "rope" instantly, there is not "stretching" that takes place.

I guess i'm missing how to change the length(width) of the rope over a short period of time. i've even tried System every X seconds, System every tick to change the width, but it does not keep changing it. idk, but thanks for the insight KK, i'll keep hacking at it.

Have you taken a look at the advanced laser example it might be what you need for stretch and collisons.

• Erndog2k, that was another awesome suggestion, but not quite what i'm trying to do. It needs to seen as "in motion" on the way to the target. These lasers all seem to be instant, there is no "growth" "shrinkage" in the process. As best I can tell i'm gonna have to tweek the Hookshot example using a tiledbackground as the rope. Thanks for the thought though, it is a great example.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)