How do I "Flip" an Object or the Canvas?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Hi,

Say I have a layout with 3 objects in it. I want to flip the objects on mouse click, as if I was flipping a piece of transparent paper - so for example a horizontal flip would move objects on the left to the right and vice versa, and they will appear as if a mirror image of where they were.

Being new to construct I would figure to create a Family of Flippable sprites and call a function or behavior on click. My questions are:

• What is the right way to do this? e.g. is there a way to flip the whole canvas, or should i flip each sprite separately?
    • Do I need to implement my own custom plugin via the SDK to do this or can I accomplish with what is already available?
    • If I want to flip to apply movement so you can see the object being moved from one side to other how would I do that (instead of just having it instantly disappear and then appear on the other side)?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

• On mouse click -------------- System set layout angle to (xxx)

This will flip the canvas.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That is not what I want. If I set the angle to 180 it will flip it of sorts but not as a mirror image. For example an object in the bottom left will go top right, whereas I need it to go bottom right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)