How do I "BUG TIME SCALE"

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • Hi Guys !

i think i will become crazy soon

this is my problem, when my character hit another one, i would like to freeze the game x millisecond

so actually i simply ask "Under some conditions" to set the timescale to 0

but for a reason i don't understand yet, from the moment the timescale value =0 , even if in my code i said

"on freezed = 1

set timescale to 0

wait 0.3seconde

set time scale to 1

it not work at all , i'ts like the timescale 0 not allow me to turn back to 1 simply as i want

• From my experience, when You set timescale to 0, "wait" command doesn't work or in other words - it works with the infinite slowdown. Try to set timescale to 0.01, but then drastically lower wait seconds, as it will be multiplied by 100.

• rozpustelnik , first at all thanks for your time ! yes i i set 0.01 it work but the rendering result is not what is expected

what is strange is i can switch the time scale by pressing a key touch but i can't switch with a variable who ask to wait

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Perhaps you can get away with changing the particular objects timescale instead of projects timescale

• rozpustelnik , hey after some hours finally i've found the solution to use the Timescale 0 and be able to set the timescale to 1 later, the solution look like a trick for me but it work perfectly and it's robust , the solution consist to use the wallclocktime system expression, and create a global variable who will store the wallclocktime + X time value , don't forget to reset to 0 each time the variable

ok that's done for me on this topic

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)