Quit/Exit Game for node-webkit exe export

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • My game is crashing when I call Browser > Close in fullscreen when running the .EXE.

• My application also crashes on Windows 8 using this function however you can get around the unsightly crash by setting your executable to Windows 7 (or lower) compatibility mode.

If your planning to distribute your 'desktop' program to Windows 8 clients you could always create a SHIM for the Windows application compatibility database to handle this too.

• Well, node-webkit already has a builtin function to close the window so this shoudldn't be hard to add. 'Close Game' only makes sense in desktop so this would be an action in node-webkit plugin, not of 'System' like it was in Classic. Just made a little test adding close window to the plugin and it worked no prob. The only work is correctly diposing the game when closing window. Let's just wait for Ashley to properly do it.

• Keyboard: On Esc pressed -> Browser: Cancel Fullscreen

-> Wait 1.0 seconds (optionally, for confidence)

-> Browser: Close

No problem.

• ShawnFTM

Sweet! Thanks bro.

• I made a thread about this here:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/nodewebkit-templates_topic76600.html

There are 2 templates one with just a close button and a titlebar to move the window, and another deluxe version with themeable window elements and lots of buttons and GUI elements.

I would love some feedback, or Icon requests.

• Wow, forum loops back to this thread, The link is here:

scirra.com/forum/nodewebkit-templates_topic76600.html

copy and paste it into your browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GeometriX,

We can run some dos commands now in a windows shell with node-webkit.

On your clode program function maybe add a node webkit:run and:

Taskkill /F /IM YourApplicationNameHere.exe

I have a feeling Chrome has some sort of safety feature that might not allow this. I can not seem to pass anything to the command shell (cmd.exe). It may not let you access Taskkill.exe either.

If it works, it might be an OK workaround, until we find something better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)