3 questions

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hey guys,im new to Construct 2 and im making a Mortal Kombat like game where you choose a creature and fight another creature...anyways,i have 3 questions currently thaat im hoping someone can help me with:

1-When the player's character is spawned into the layout where the battle should happen,there are two of the same creature both controlled by the player eventhough there is only 1 sprite!

2-How can I control the movement of the player...Cause when I try to jump the player's sprite flips around and lands on its head which is really akward and with some creatures,when i go back it also flips and walks on its head :P

3-How can I give the opponent of the player a good AI system?I know construct 2 might not offer this but I just need basic stuff like walking towards the player and going back sometimes,and ofcourse firing at him :P

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Update: I fixed the first problem which was the double spawning so dont mind that...Sowwy

• If you post a capX or a screenshot of the relevant code, you'll find someone here will help you with 2.

For 3 I would set up a bunch of if/then type statements e.g. if distance to player > x then walk towards player, also you could use random to select which attack the bad guy uses.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)