Question for the iOS-devs

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi there!

So - we got our game working almost 60fps on every other iOS7-device except the iPhone 4. I'm currently optimizing everything I can to get it running at 30fps, but it seems I can't reach it without touching the core elements.

It got me thinking do any of you guys know if there's a way of telling what device the user is on? I was thinking checking the resolution, but 4S has the same screen so it kinda f*cks up that plan.

Any ideas?

• You could always resort to asking the user in the menu.

• You could always resort to asking the user in the menu.

Yes, you're right. Maybe I should just add the options menu I've been trying to avoid. Thanks for the idea!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi!

If you have a way to get actual access to the Objective C code you could ask the user for the device name like this:

NSString *deviceName = [[UIDevice currentDevice] name];

This should return the devices name.

I have no idea how you would get access to the objective c code though. it may be a case of checking how and where the script is and manually modifying the variables using objective c :D. Might actual be quite straight forward.

• Hi!

If you have a way to get actual access to the Objective C code you could ask the user for the device name like this:

NSString *deviceName = [[UIDevice currentDevice] name];

This should return the devices name.

I have no idea how you would get access to the objective c code though. it may be a case of checking how and where the script is and manually modifying the variables using objective c :D. Might actual be quite straight forward.

An interesting idea, thanks! Maybe I should take look at it in Xcode, I have to compile the file to the App-review that way anyhow. Hmm.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)