How do I put a simple shadow under my text?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • I've just read the "Frequently asked question" and I didn't find help about it

Is it possible with the basic text tool of C2 to put a shadow under a text?

I don't see the option is it normal?

I've found the behavior "Shadow Caster" but it looks "heavy" for just a simple shadow ^^

I could also make my text's shadow with another software but again, it doesn't look like the good way to do it, isn't it?

Any advice please ?

I know you always give good advice

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • make another instance of the text but set its color to black or dark alpha and set it underneath in z order. Also position it to the other font's x+3 and y x+3.

• I understand but I failed so hard...

I have 150 texts in my game, I cloned them all Then I used a command "creat text" => "set text to position" ... So if I do you trick I'll have to do it 150x ...

Even if it works! xD

I could use "Text On Created" => creat the second text + put at bottom... but it's annoying! ^^

• you could do it with a loop.. sorry.. syntax may be slightly wrong

for all text_objects

create shadow_object (text_object.x +2, text_object.y+10))

set shadow_object.text to text_objects.txt

that way all the text objects of the same type will have a shadown... if you've used 150 different text objects... ooops...

• I think I'm screwed xD

In my object folder I have:

Text1

Text2

Text3

Text150

I expected a command or something to simply put a shadow, added an instance object seems weird in the process.

I could do it 150x it would take one hour at most :p

I have difficulty with text in C2, I thought I could select them all and change typopgraphy at the end but it doesn't work like that, too much Indesign maybe ^^

I also don't understand why there is no simple toolbox for shadows, what is the reason? Or maybe there is one in an add-on or something I really don't know! ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)