How do I publish my game to as many consoles as possible?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I know we can publish to Xbox Creators Program/Windows Store, but what about each of these?:

1) PlayStation: Possible yet?

2) Nintendo Switch: Possible yet?

3) Android/iOS Phones: How do we publish games that are over the 100MB limit, such as a few GB? Any tutorial for Expansion Packs or whatever would be required to get past the 100MB limit?

4) Steam: Is it worth paying the $100 Product Submission fee in the Steamworks Distribution Program? I find it odd that this fee must be paid before even submitting a game. I think they should relocate this fee to the final step, i.e.: After your game is 100% okay to launch, pay the $100 fee, and it's listed in the Steam Store. If I pay the fee, will I be able to publish my game easily, no problems, and of course no coding/programming? Or are they picky, unlike Xbox Creators Program?

5) Any other great consoles I'm missing that will give my game a wide audience? Are "iOS web app" or "Chrome Web Store" any good for exposure, or may as well skip those? I think most gamers use video game consoles or Steam.

• Anyone? Or should I post to Construct3 forum for replies?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Native exporting to Switch doesn't exist so far. For the Click created games that you do see on the Switch store, they were ported by other game companies.

If you want to release a game on Switch, you would need a SDK tools. As far as I know, Nintendo will not sell you such a sdk development station.

Certainly not for an individual one person, but a serious game publisher.

Besides, it's not an easy way to just port it to c++ and this will certainly involve high payments. If I were you, I'd choose my publisher carefully. As far as I know, there are several companies in my country that port games to Switch however, I don't know if they port games from based on HTML5. I'm sure I'll ask about that sometime. I also spoke to Ratalik's game publisher, but I have some doubts if they can port games with good performance from click engines.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)