How to properly implement uneven floor for platformer?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • What I'm doing now is placing diagonal and horizontal ground solids together to make fields and hills, but I have problems such as falling through the ground when I walk past an imperfect transition from platform to platform. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

• Are they Sprites?

If they are then, did you check the collision polygon in the Image Editor if the polygons are spreading across the width of the sprite?

Not covering the entire width of the sprite sometimes cause this, especially when the sprites are moving in platformer games or etc.

If you want to make sure that the player has more chance of not falling -- in the image editor --> Collision Polygons (left-bottom side of the image editor) --> right click one of the dots and select set to bounding box...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are they Sprites?

If they are then, did you check the collision polygon in the Image Editor if the polygons are spreading across the width of the sprite?

Not covering the entire width of the sprite sometimes cause this, especially when the sprites are moving in platformer games or etc.

If you want to make sure that the player has more chance of not falling -- in the image editor --> Collision Polygons (left-bottom side of the image editor) --> right click one of the dots and select set to bounding box...

Yeap, the sprites are invisible perfect rectangles (I used the default). The main problem seems to come from the transitions between the platform boxes. For eg, a horizontal rectangle on the left and an adjacent diagonal rectangle to the right of it. I'm guessing I might need to align the corner pixels of the transition together but it's difficult to do so on a large scale so I'm curious how you guys handle uneven platform creation

• I myself am making a platformer game and I'm about to finish it this month but I did not experience this situation since I always use the option in the view tab "Snap to Grid" that automatically combines two Tiles or sprites together. I think that must be the reason.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... hoto%2cpng

• I myself am making a platformer game and I'm about to finish it this month but I did not experience this situation since I always use the option in the view tab "Snap to Grid" that automatically combines two Tiles or sprites together. I think that must be the reason.

Hmm I tried using the grid and zooming into my transitions to try to align them, albeit with some difficulty. I'm now caught between the decisions of having a "safety over-extension as such

or having a perfect pixel-to-pixel overlap at only the corners?

• Bump

• Make pieces that fit together like a puzzle. Or is the overlapping some kind of art style?

• Hmm I'm trying to find the best way to create the fall through platforms for the ground (the floor is only the background image, I place invisible fall-throughs on it)

But its difficult to connect 2 different fall throughs that are different in angle without creating "gaps" that may cause players/monsters to fall when they unsuccessfully walk from one to the other

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)