How do I procedural animate ring/pie timer?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Video intro templates for games and game making with Construct 3 made with Animate
  • I'm not sure quite what else to call it. Attached capx is the first idea that came to mind, but it seems clunky, and I'm wondering if there is a better approach.

• TiAm

how about something like this...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • spongehammer:

Thanks for the capx. Your approach looks great, but makes way too many objects for my game. I came up with another solution, which I'll post when I get it done, but mine is a trade off too: I need two 'force own texture' layers to accomplish the necessary masking. It's enough to make my iGPU hurt.

Once I post the capx, maybe someone else can figure out how to do it on one layer; masking makes my head hurt.

In the end, I think I'm going to go with a hybrid approach: spawning 4-8 segments and animating them the old fashioned way: multiple frames.

• Here's the version using spongehammer sprite and Paster plugin.

• shinkan

Thanks for the post. I'll be on my desktop a little later, and I'll give it a spin. I'd forgot about the paster plugin!

• Better late than never. Here is a procedural approach using 4 objects (two masks and two ring halves) that can display any kind of pie animation.

WARNING: this uses two 'force own texture' layers, so it's probably not a good approach for mobile.

OTHER WARNING: this is very much unfinished. The basic functionality works, but there are a lot of bells and whistles that don't work yet (I got a little overzealous ). If you have a lot of different pies that will be animating a lot of different ways, this might be useful. Otherwise, shinkan's approach should be alot more straightforward and funtional. Make of it what you will.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)