Problem: 2 secs freeze caused by physics

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi!

Situation: 3 secs after game is running there is a 2 sec freeze and i tested with debugger it shows cpu: 181%, Physics simulation: 172% on iphone 4s.

-Game has no logic and only 7 physical objects on a new project.

-I also disabled the physics behavior of objects and enabled them 5 secs later it is the same situation, when the behavior is enabled it runs for 3 secs and then 2 secs of freeze, after that is runs on 58 FPS.

Have anyone seen this happening before and how do you solve it?

Thanks!

• I don't have any very pertinent solution but I hardly suggest you to avoid physic behavior when you can. This behavior request a lot of performances and it is hard to make it work well on mobile devices.

• yapiiiii thanks

• you can reproduce some physics effects quite easily with some operations... I can help you if you need help to do that.

• can you share a capx ? or the events or conditions relating to the physics behavior? im pretty sure you did something wrong, a game like you show it should not use that much of cpu it should not even be noticeable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yapiiiii thank you : )

event sheet is empty and every setting for project, scene and objects are default, thanks for asking : D

• yapiiiii thank you : )

event sheet is empty and every setting for project, scene and objects are default, thanks for asking : D

can u snapshot the physics and the line that creates the balls and the hangs?

btw whats ur computer cpu and graphic card? are the drivers for GPU updated?

• Do you mean joints? xD i didn't use any and physics settings for objects are default.

I just arranged the objects on the scene using the layout screen.

4 long objects are immovable and 3 smaller ones are movable .

Iphone4s system is updated to newest version, even if i close all the other running apps the physics freeze still happens.

On Galaxy note 3 (4 core device) it has an almost unnoticeable 0.2 sec freeze.

Thank you : D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)