The collision checks are okay, the image size is also fine.
But you are engine and draws calls are really high in CPU using, and that's just CPU alone if we take the GPU into account it will be probably even worse. I did a comparison with the games worked on and made, and all of them take around 1% for draw calls and between 0.5-1% engine.
Your problem can be caused by those two, high draw calls means the engine is trying to render a lot of spires at once, and if those images are also animation that can cause even further problems. You can improve this by reducing the resolution size of the game so less objects can be viewed at once, also if you spawn new objects on the layout while the game is running or using particle effects try to minimize that, instead of creating the objects on layout create them while its loading and then teleport them where they need to be.
On the second picture you showed where the player is moving they are two event groups that take 14% of CPU power, which ones are those, I was unable to identify them from the picture? You can also try to tweak those because 2x14 is around 28% usage which is high.
And now for the engine usage, the engine usage in the debugger is only for the behavior and some other c2 stuff, which means if you have high usage is probably caused by same behavior, I don't know which one, but some of the is using a lot of CPU, you will have to figure that out, make a back up copy of the game and start deleting the behaviors and see which one improves the performance.
Hi, thanks for the reply,
First, the CPU usage for these two event sheets is rarely that high, it is usually around 3-6%, but sometimes random events just appear with some crazy value and then they are back to normal again, so it's not that high as it is in the second picture.
As for the engine, yes, it is really high, sometimes it gets up to 22%. If it is a behavior the problem, then the first suspect would be 'CustomMovement', because the engine's CPU raises only when I move the player.
'CustomMovement', 'DestroyOutsideLayout' and 'Pin' are the only behaviours in my project (however 'pin' is very rarely used in this layout).
Well one quick check to see if it is rendering the issue would be to change the quaity of the rendering (fullscreen scaling) to low and test (it's a project property that is on high by default, more infos in the manual but basically it will not scale up the game assets if needed which should improve the perfs if it is indeed GPU bottlenecked)
I'm not sure it's caused by it but I'll ask anyway: why not use a tilemap for the ground? you can set it up to be different each level.
It's very weird though, as it seems simple ad so I don't see why it operates poorly, how are you testing on mobile too?
Hi, thanks for your reply,
I have set the 'Fulscreen Scalling' to No as you said, so it didn't make much difference in the graphics (since I've also set 'Sampling' to 'Point') and I need to test this out on a mobile, because my problem is harder to notice on a PC.
As for the ground, I am not really experienced with tilemaps (or I would say, I'm a noob), but I also think it won't make much difference. Another thing that I should note is that the image of the 'Tiled Background' is 250x250. I can't make it smaller, it needs to be the same size as my grid. But I doubt that the image size is the problem here.
edit: I have tested the game with 'fullscreen scalling' to no, but there is no difference.. :/