What can the problem be i one sprites animations don't play?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • I mean if they play when you preview the animation but not when you play the game. What i mean by not play is that it just at the frame 0 and never goes past that. I have looked into the actual settings for the animation and the frames, and the animation settings in debug mode, so it,s not a issue there.

• Set the animation speed higher than 0

• It is higher then 0. It is 60. I wanted to see if someone could give a reason whitout me sharing my project file. So if you still can, give me a an answer of what the possible problem can be. If none can't do that, tell me as soon as possible and i will share my project file.

• Send me a screenshot of your construct sprite editor with the animations.

• You are probably calling the action 'play animation' each tick.

Would you do something like this ...

condition: Key is down

action: play animation "thing" from the beginning.

'Key is down' is not a trigger. It is true as long as that key is down, so it is true a lot of ticks in a row. Each tick it is true, the animation starts to play from the beginning. And you see only frame zero. Just make it a trigger this way.

condition: Trigger once while true

• You are probably calling the action 'play animation' each tick.

Would you do something like this ...

'Key is down' is not a trigger. It is true as long as that key is down, so it is true a lot of ticks in a row. Each tick it is true, the animation starts to play from the beginning. And you see only frame zero. Just make it a trigger this way.

A key is down event means that i need to choose a key to be down. Does that mean that i need to hold that key all the time to make this work or just hold it once to make it work or not hold it at all? I can't find a play animation from beginning option in possible event or actions so i choosed the action start animation instead. And it doesn't work if i hold the key all the time, doesn't hold it or just holds it once. If i did something wrong on the play animation part, what should i put there instead?

• condition: Key is down

action: set animation "animation",from the beginning

• condition: Key is down

action: set animation "animation",from the beginning

I did that and it doesn't work anyway.

• Send me a screenshot of your construct sprite editor with the animations.

Here is a picture of the properties of the animations.

https://s32.postimg.org/kg35q18kl/2016_ ... apture.png

• How many animations are you starting in what way on wich conditions?

• How many animations are you starting in what way on wich conditions?

I am only playing one animation at a time.

I don't think this can be solved whitout somebody looking into my project. So i share my project now. The sprite that animations doesn't work on is Sprite 43. The animation you should make work is Default. Hopefully if you can make that one work the rest will also work and even if they don't, making one work is a good step forward anyway. Test in Layout 5. The Event Sheet that is used is Event Sheet 4. Try to make teh Default animation play when you play Layout 5. The Default animation Sprite 43 has from the start is the animation Default. My project takes up alot of memory and can be considered to have alot in it so now you know that and don't have to say anything about it. I have tried to make everything as clear as possible. I would be happy to know when somebody has begin looking at the project rather then when somebody has solved the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjo0zhtilhfvw ... .capx?dl=0

• I said everything as clear as possible nad yet none replies. What,s the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • holy fuck this is insane are you trying to kill people computers. why do you need a layout of 100,000 X and Y size You do realized that layout size is the same as saying i got one gaint godzilla on my backyard.

And why that many levels. Jeezus Most people computers cannot even handle this degree of a game. I do not know what computer build but think of people computer that has only 2gb of ram not 1 petabyte.

Can someone else explain to him why not to do this project.

• Btw im finding large item that range from 5k in size in X and Y size.

Dude go do tutorials first start small n simple and learn about sprite size. I am unable to fix your problem because of the insane resource load. If anything you need rebuild your game from a smaller sample.

another pro tip is that Dont do resizing on the layout if you need to resize it try to do it on a image editor first because its takes triple the load to just math out the correct sprite size from something that big to small.

oh and btw i have 16 gb with a 2gb of video ram and shit spiked it to no ends.

• Okay now i have decreased so the layout size of all layouts so there is no layout whit 1000000 width and 1000000 heigth anymore anymore. So now everything is going to work for everyone. All the layout have the exact size they need and nothing else. I am going to ignore the answer after the comment that talked about this in case it also is talking about that. So i am only reading answers posted after this post. So even if that post was a good answer still post new ones or re post that post if it wasn't talking about the layout sizes having 1000000 in width and heigth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzaj7b6f6kijk ... .capx?dl=0

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)