PRoblem with Mirroring

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi, Im kinda new to construct, and I have a dilema.

My question is, Is there any way to make the player sprite mirror, other than the one showed in the begginers tutorials? Cause that one used the keyboard object, like, if left arrow is pressed, mirror player sprite, but I want the sprite to Mirror and Unmirror regardless the controls, because if I map the direction keys to WASD, I have to change the entire conditions to mirror the player. Is there any way?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, Im kinda new to construct, and I have a dilema.

My question is, Is there any way to make the player sprite mirror, other than the one showed in the begginers tutorials? Cause that one used the keyboard object, like, if left arrow is pressed, mirror player sprite, but I want the sprite to Mirror and Unmirror regardless the controls, because if I map the direction keys to WASD, I have to change the entire conditions to mirror the player. Is there any way?

Not sure I get the idea, but, you can mirror a sprite with the condition of your choice, after, you have to unmirror it, again, with the conditions of your choice, this condition isn't user input only

exemples of conditions:

If Variable < 0

mouse button is down: Left

etc

Not sure to see the exact problem

• Not 100% sure where the dilema is, you can add the mirror event to any condition to suit your need, but for a keymap it would just involve changing the input key..

you could also use "OR", if you want both? keys to work

left arrow is pressed

OR                        ....Mirror sprite

A is pressed

setting it to the angle of your player is another option

player angle = 180...mirror sprite

• mmmm, didn't know about the or, thanks, that solved the problem. But I have another Question, is there a way to set an animation over another, Example, I have an animation that swings the arm and shoot a ball (the ball is an object apart, with bullet behavior) but if I'm running, and press the button to throw the ball, the player keeps just running, but throws the ball.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)