Problem with For each loop and stop loop action

From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies. For use in game and custom works.
  • Hello,

I tested something simple. I hava a 2D array. Going through its X axis, test variable here, and stop the loop in some cases.

So :

• For each X element in array
    • test variable value at x, y
    • if value == 0 => do something
    • else => stop loop

[attachment=1:q1x0vq5p][/attachment:q1x0vq5p]

The system => stop loop action does not stop the iteration of the for each loop.

Am I missing something ? The stop action should prevent the iteration after it, no ?

Here's the capx : [attachment=0:q1x0vq5p][/attachment:q1x0vq5p]

• "Stop loop" is a System object action, and will only stop loops from the System object -- for, for each, and repeat. It won't stop Array loops, since those are independent of the System object.

I'd suggest using a variable to set and detect loop completion, as follows:

You might also consider making an official request for a "Stop loop" action for the Array object on the general Construct 2 board.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much linkman2004 for your help. I solved this buy using a system For loop with a variable and look at value each iteration. But the solution you provided with a variable for completion is cleaner.

I'm gonna make a request.

Nabu

• Just wanted to chime in and say thanks as well - I'm just learning this stuff and was stuck on the array foreach issue for a while. This solved my issue - yay!

• "Stop loop" is a System object action, and will only stop loops from the System object -- for, for each, and repeat. It won't stop Array loops, since those are independent of the System object.

I'd suggest using a variable to set and detect loop completion

Even easier on the code would be using a for-loop to loop through the array, because there the stop action should work (-> you'll save some unnecessary computation).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)