Problem with card game

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Card Game
$49 USD
Card Game Sound Effects Kit delivers the right variety of sounds to outfit your game.
  • Hello everybody, I am developing a card game and I have a problem, maybe trivial: I created some spawner objects that generate themselves an object (let's call it "Global") that has an animation with several frames. Global object is the entire hand of a player.

I need to create the following condition: if the Global object (that is the player's hand) has some certain frames (e.g. frame 3, 5 and 7), an event will activate.

So, I set the condition:

(Global) Animation frame = 3 & 5 & 7

The problem is here, because the game recognizes the first frame (3) and the event is already active, while I need the event to be activated ONLY if there are ALL 3 frames, not only the first.

How can I fix this? Thanks in advance! (and sorry for my bad english)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Instead of "Global" how about we call it "Card" since that is more descriptive and less confusing since global already has uses in C2.

And just to restate the problem: you want to know when three of the cards have those 3 different animation frames.

Do to picking we can't just have multiple "compare animation frame" conditions in one event and have it work like we want. We can make make a function to do this though as it doesn't affect picking.

So you could do something like this:

On function "hasCard"

Card animation frame = Function.Param(0)

--- set return to 1

System compare: Function.Call("hasCard",3) & Function.Call("hasCard",5) & Function.Call("hasCard",7) =1

--- Do something

• It works perfectly, thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)