How do I prevent letters to become illegible(Px Rounding on)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Who wants to be a Millionaire Clone. An educational coding source
  • My game is for mobile so I must set Pixel rounding to ON and sampling to point. Alright, but when I need to use smaller letters it becomes almost illegible because of the pixel rounding. Are there any way to prevent this? Like an specific size that don't degrade the grafic too much or something else.

• a bigger size text? and use bold? and a non old graphics custom pixelated font? that can work , never had this issue of yours, unless ur text is to small and on mobile the text will be even smaller, so for mobiles keep in mind, design big buttons, big graphics big text, cause will auto resize to fit screen and that means the pixel aspect ratio will be keept, but not the screen size

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know that, but doesn't look "perfect" to me you know. I keep wondering myself if those 3d games or other advanced 2d games have the pixels of their graphics rounded too. if so, they must do something because it's not noticeable.

• I know that, but doesn't look "perfect" to me you know. I keep wondering myself if those 3d games or other advanced 2d games have the pixels of their graphics rounded too. if so, they must do something because it's not noticeable.

maybe they dont use text, but sprites,? try with spriterfont from construct2 and load a spriterfont u might like rounder etc

• > I know that, but doesn't look "perfect" to me you know. I keep wondering myself if those 3d games or other advanced 2d games have the pixels of their graphics rounded too. if so, they must do something because it's not noticeable.

>

maybe they dont use text, but sprites,? try with spriterfont from construct2 and load a spriterfont u might like rounder etc

I don't use text object, only sprites or spritefonts. The degrade graphic issue I was talking is about sprites that aren't too thin or small, becoming a problem due to the pixel rounding. But it is also a matter of point of view too, and to me it's a small downside.

• oh then i dont know mate whats the current size of your text? is your fullscreen scaling ? on high quality? if its low quality or medium that might be the problem and check also use high-dpi display

• oh then i dont know mate whats the current size of your text? is your fullscreen scaling ? on high quality? if its low quality or medium that might be the problem and check also use high-dpi display

I'll make it bigger and have a bit more work. Better than trying to find a miraculous solution.

Edit: These settings are already correct. I always check that.. But thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)