How Do I Post the Time on a Game Over Layout?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • In my game, I am using the time as my score and I have a text box which has "Time:" & time. When the game ends, the game goes to a second layout, which has game over and I would like to display the score, which is the time spent in the first layout before it goes to the second layout. I tried to add a textbox in the second layout that had "Final Time:" & time but the time continues to increase when in the second layout. Is there a way to stop the time in the second layout or is there an easier way to achieve this? I am only new to Construct 2 and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Setting timescale to 0 does pause the game. Whatever your time variable is though, at the point where you want it to be stored set the time to a global variable something like CompleteTime so it is static and then display the global variable, that way time can continue but you have the completion time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)