Is there is any possible way to upload music into exported project and then use it in-game?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Quickly and easily add a Quake-like console to your games
  • Hey there!

I have one problem, I'm making a level editor for my rhythm-based game (on NW.js). I'd like to make that so people could import any music into a project and use it in their level. I don't really care in which way, with URL, iFrame or even folder in game's folder. Is that possible?

• Hey there!

I have one problem, I'm making a level editor for my rhythm-based game (on NW.js). I'd like to make that so people could import any music into a project and use it in their level. I don't really care in which way, with URL, iFrame or even folder in game's folder. Is that possible?

Possible.

If only for audio playing purpose, you could try Video plugin and filechooser and in the video plugin .h264 url you input FileChooser.FileUrlAt(0) As source and then will play any sound source.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Possible. If only for audio playing purpose, you could try Video plugin and filechooser and in the video plugin .h264 url you input FileChooser.FileUrlAt(0) As source and then will play any sound source.

Yeahh.. That's smart. But is plugin Video works in NW.js? Because I heard it's not.

• > Possible. If only for audio playing purpose, you could try Video plugin and filechooser and in the video plugin .h264 url you input FileChooser.FileUrlAt(0) As source and then will play any sound source.

Yeahh.. That's smart. But is plugin Video works in NW.js? Because I heard it's not.

That i do not know, but you could try it out!

Edited: did a quick test and exported to winx64 seems the audio does not play on Nw.JS export packages with this aproach.

The 2nd solution is to use Tone.Js Api to play the audio since you are doing a C2 project. And use FileChooser same as above.

The only Downside to that is that Tone.js Plugin is in works for a while now probably 1 year or so, the last time i checked it it was lacking looping audio i think, which you might need.

If that is a no go, then what your left is modding the audio plugin or use Browser.ExecJs to create a custom audio media player that plays from the filechooser source url.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)