Is it possible to group global variables into lists?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Is it possible to arrange global variables into groups/lists, so that when selecting variables into an event the list is not so long?

So basically I would set which group I want to be shown where?

Instead of all the global variable in one long list I would have groups of smaller lists. (and still for the variable to remain global so I can use it in other groups) I know its possible to type them in, but some of the names are getting long and even with autofind I do sometimes need to remind myself of a variable name.

It would look cleaner too.

• Or I could simply use more even sheets... But I have read that too much isnt healthy for C2 stability. Guess I will find out

• Or I could simply use more even sheets... But I have read that too much isnt healthy for C2 stability. Guess I will find out

Where have you heard this?

I have always used multiple Event Sheets and attach them to a Layout when needed.

Just a basic setup would include maybe 10-15 Event Sheets, all utilizing one aspect of the game mechanic, such as Collision, Movement, Generation, etc.

Never come across an issue yet.

• edit: ninja'd

Where did you read that? There's nothing amiss with using multiple event sheets.

As to the op, you could just use a sprite and add instance variables to that. It could be any object really, and if you make it a global object you can make it live on to other layouts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • zenox98

I have read around the forums and people suggested not to use too many event sheets, perphaps a couple at most.

I will try it out and report back if I encounter an issue.

R0J0hound

Ok I will look into it, thanks for the input.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)